07 Jan Happy New Year! 새해 복 많이 받으세요!
Happy New Year! 새해 복 많이 받으세요!
This is the best time of year for all our students from Chang’s Taekwondo Martial Arts in South Surrey, Cloverdale, Tsawwassen, Aldergrove and Mission to flex their initiative muscles and start the year off right.
I’m a self-starter!
Taking purposeful action that propels life forward without outside reminders
Deep down inside of us we all want to have initiative. Showing initiative is a sign of growing up, and feeling like other people can rely on us. As kids, what are some things we can show initiative in?
- Making our beds!
- Brushing our teeth!
- Folding our clothes!
- Cleaning our room!
- Being ready to leave!
- Cleaning up after ourselves (whether it’s eating or playing)
- Starting our homework by ourselves
- Get ready for bed before parents have to tell us.
Each of us is capable, and it feels great to show initiative. How many times have we started to do one of these things and our family tells us how proud they are, or how surprised they are. This feels great, and when it feels great we are more likely to continue showing initiative all the way through the whole year.
**If you would like to receive extra stars:
- Tell your instructor what Initiative means in your own words
- Tell your instructor what you plan to show initiative in
- Tell your instructor of a time you DID show initiative