20 Nov Staying Healthy during sick time
Staying Healthy during sick time
Hello everyone! Can you believe it’s already November! Time flies.. Now with November comes certain exciting things, and certainly things that are less exciting. For our students in Chang’s Taekwondo Martial Arts serving South Surrey, Cloverdale, Tsawwassen, Aldergrove and Mission we have some advice!
So we all experienced some snow in the beginning of November this year! So for some people (Mostly kids) this is exciting because snow means snowball fights, snowmen and sometimes school closure!
For us adults, it means slippery walks, dangerous driving conditions and sometimes school closure!
November is also the month that we get the most sick. We survived the going-back-to-school bugs in September and October so it’s easy for us to relax and stop taking good care of ourselves. This is the wrong idea!
We want all our students to continue to be vigilant when keeping themselves healthy, this means:
* Wash your hands before eatings
* Wash your hands after training Taekwondo
* Use Hand Sanitizer if your parents allow it
* Eat your Vitamins
* Eat healthy food
* Drink lots of water
* (This time of year with the temperature changes it’s easy for us to get chapped lips and hands! Avoid this by staying hydrated!)
* Go to sleep! Sleep is the part of our day when our body can fix itself and recharge the batteries.. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.
If you are already sick, we have some pointers for you on how to not share this wonderful things you have:
* Cough or sneeze into your elbow, like a ‘DAB’
* Destory – All – Bacteria (DAB)
* Wash your hands frequently, and anytime you blow your nose
* Eat your vitamins
* Get EXTRA sleep!
* Drink EXTRA water
* Cut out sugar to recover faster~
We hope everyone has a safe and healthy November!
**If you want extra stars:
1. Tell your Instructor what you are planning to do to stay healthy
2. Tell your Instructor about your healthy diet
3. Give your Instructor a healthy tip about staying healthy!